Are your children identifying colours and materials yet? Tippy-Tippy-Tap is a fun and easy way to add some randomization to colour and material based object sorting activities.
Things You Will Need
- Paper 20cmx20cm
- Crayons or Paints
- 2 trays or boxes
- Small objects in multiple colours or materials
While you follow the activity, ensure you focus on
- Language skills: Spelling of different colours, Colour Name
- Object identification: Distinction on the basis of colours
- Cognitive skills: Identifying colours and relating them with objects,
- Number skills: One to one transactions
- Fine Motor: Grasping object, picking, placing, pointing
- Gross Motor: Walking
Let's Get Started :)
Below is a list of resources, to help you conduct the activity with ease!
- Reward templates for boys & girls
Add a star in front of the colour block every time your child identifies the corresponding objects correctly
Activity Adaptation & Variations
For children with low vision
Use bright large blocks of colour
For children with blindness or older children
Use textures, shapes or materials instead of the colour swatches
We hope your child enjoyed playing this little learning activity with you. Stay tuned for more.